For Immediate Release
August 5, 2022
Beginning the week of August 8, 2022, Dixon Avenue will be closed from Avenue A to the Hennepin Canal bridge for a reconstruction project. There will be barricades in place prohibiting traffic in that area.
– Westbound traffic on Dixon Avenue will be detoured north on Emmons Avenue to East Second Street.
– Westbound truck traffic will be detoured south on McNeil Road to Route 30.
– Access to Marsha Lane, Haskell Avenue, Super Wash and the apartments at 800 Dixon Avenue will be open past the barricades.
– Eastbound traffic will be detoured to East Second Street.
– Eastbound truck traffic will be detoured to Route 30, via Route 40 (1st Avenue).
Drivers are asked to obey all construction traffic control and to use caution when traveling along the detour routes.
Rock Falls Police will be increasing patrols to ensure compliance with posted traffic control devices.
Seek alternate routes when possible and expect delays in the area of the construction and associated detours.
Parking along the detour routes will be prohibited and temporary signs will be posted.
Dixon Avenue Residents –
The City of Rock Falls is pleased to announce that reconstruction of Dixon Avenue is beginning however, we wanted to let you know that during the reconstruction that your garbage pickup will be altered.
During the reconstruction garbage pickup will remain on Tuesdays and be as follows beginning August 16th:
- Residents along the south side of Dixon Avenue will have their garbage picked up in the alley behind their residence.
- Residents on the north side of Dixon Avenue between Avenue A and Avenue C will have garbage picked up in the alley behind their residence.
- Residents on the north side of Dixon Avenue from Avenue C to the Canal will still put their garbage in front since there is no alley behind your property.
If this changes anytime during the construction, you will be contacted by the contractor, Martin & Company. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we hope you will all be pleased with your new street.