CITY OF ROCK FALLS STREET DEPARTMENT
REPORTS TO: Street Superintendent
LIGHT DUTY AVAILABLE: Not available.
- Works at direction of Street Superintendent to perform required cleaning, repair, and maintenance of the streets, sidewalks, alleys, and rights-of-way within the City.
- Perform outdoor and indoor work with hand tools.
- Carry out minor repairs on street equipment and City owned facilities.
- Diagnose and repair department equipment and vehicles.
- Assist with unexpected city-wide emergency situations.
- Perform hand digging, some construction work and pouring of concrete from time to time.
- Operate heavy equipment.
- Plow snow on City Streets, Alleys and parking lots.
- Work overtime during snow plowing season.
- Grounds work at City Facilities.
- All other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Posses a current valid Illinois drivers license.
- Posses a current valid CDL license class B or the ability to obtain one.
- Be able to use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Be able to run heavy equipment.
- Respond to emergency call outs within thirty (30) minutes.
- Be able to lift fifty (50) pounds above the waist.
- Be able to work in a variety of climates for long periods of time.
- Be able to work in confined spaces.
- Be able to descend and ascend a thirty-foot ladder.
- Be able to operate a 35’ bucket truck.
- Hand and power tools
- Basic electricity
- Heavy machinery
- Pumps, motors Etc.
- To use a variety of hand and power tools
- To run heavy equipment.
- To lift fifty (50) pounds above the waist
- To work in a variety of climates for long periods of time
- To work in confined spaces
- To descend and ascend a thirty-foot ladder
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain daily records of plant operation and maintenance.
- Operate a snowplow truck and salt roads within City during winter months.
- Assist with construction equipment.
- Operate a dump truck.
- Assist with operation and maintenance of the street department including housekeeping responsibilities.
- Work independently as well as with others in a team effort.
- Work long hours at times.
- Work in cold and hot climates
- Work in confined spaces
- Lifting, reaching, climbing
- Work in a variety of conditions and climates.
- Confined spaces
JOB HAZARD/RISK FACTORS:
- Electrocution, Engulfment, Asphyxiation, Drowning
Applications are available at the City Clerk’s office at 603 W. 10th Street or by downloading an application here. Applications are due into the Business Office by 4pm on October 18, 2023 . The City of Rock Falls is an equal opportunity employer.