PUBLIC NOTICE WATERMAIN IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT
The City of Rock Falls has begun construction of the Watermain Replacement Project located on Hudson Drive from 5th Avenue to W. 10th Street, W. 13th Street from 5th Avenue to 1st Avenue, 6th Avenue from W. 14th Street to W. 13th Street, and W. 14th Street from 13th Avenue to 12th Avenue. The project includes construction of approximately 2,721 feet of 6” diameter water mains and approximately 1,404 feet of 1” and 1-½” diameter water services, complete with appurtenances and surface restoration work. The project is being financed by the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (SRF). The SRF program is administered by the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency and receives a portion of its money to fund these types of projects from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Once complete, this project will allow the City to continue to provide quality drinking water for area residents and will rehabilitate aging and deteriorating watermains. SRF programs operate in each state to provide communities the resources necessary to build, maintain, and improve the infrastructure that protects one of our most valuable resources: water.
For Immediate Release
August 5, 2022
Beginning the week of August 8, 2022, Dixon Avenue will be closed from Avenue A to the Hennepin Canal bridge for a reconstruction project. There will be barricades in place prohibiting traffic in that area.
– Westbound traffic on Dixon Avenue will be detoured north on Emmons Avenue to East Second Street.
– Westbound truck traffic will be detoured south on McNeil Road to Route 30.
– Access to Marsha Lane, Haskell Avenue, Super Wash and the apartments at 800 Dixon Avenue will be open past the barricades.
– Eastbound traffic will be detoured to East Second Street.
– Eastbound truck traffic will be detoured to Route 30, via Route 40 (1st Avenue).
Drivers are asked to obey all construction traffic control and to use caution when traveling along the detour routes.
Rock Falls Police will be increasing patrols to ensure compliance with posted traffic control devices.
Seek alternate routes when possible and expect delays in the area of the construction and associated detours.
Parking along the detour routes will be prohibited and temporary signs will be posted.
Dixon Avenue Residents –
The City of Rock Falls is pleased to announce that reconstruction of Dixon Avenue is beginning however, we wanted to let you know that during the reconstruction that your garbage pickup will be altered.
During the reconstruction garbage pickup will remain on Tuesdays and be as follows beginning August 16th:
- Residents along the south side of Dixon Avenue will have their garbage picked up in the alley behind their residence.
- Residents on the north side of Dixon Avenue between Avenue A and Avenue C will have garbage picked up in the alley behind their residence.
- Residents on the north side of Dixon Avenue from Avenue C to the Canal will still put their garbage in front since there is no alley behind your property.
If this changes anytime during the construction, you will be contacted by the contractor, Martin & Company. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we hope you will all be pleased with your new street.
Tax Increment Financing Information
Information about the Rock Falls Downtown Redevelopment TIF District can be found here.